Embedded Monaco Editor
This simple example demonstrates how to embed a Monaco
editor into a
browser and how to connect it to the Xtext
based implementation of the language server via the protocol
- With the provided example language one can define constants and basic functions.
- The editor includes a bunch of pre-defined mathematical functions such as square root of a number or the absolute value of a number.
Besides that some constants (such as Pi) are also available.
- The editor support content proposal via the Ctrl + Space binding.
- Editor validates unique constant and function names. It also checks the correctness of the function arguments.
- When the caret is on an expression, one can perform a top level, inline expression evaluation via the Shift + Enter binding in the editor.
- Previous inline evaluations can be cleared via the Ctrl + X key binding.